An Endless Summer


                                                                                 

I think it's safe to say that I'm finally ready to hit my teachers with exciting stories when they ask me about what I did this summer. It was three months filled with laughter, tears, adrenaline, and hormones - while the background music of impending doom played. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. The sound of SAT's needing to be taken, college applications needing to be sent, EXISTENTIAL CRISIS', and the inevitable question of where I'm even going to be attending school for my senior year.

You see, things are complicated for me at the moment. In late January of 2014, I was admitted into a treatment center for eating disorders in Boston. Being there got me way behind in school, so once I went back to my thirty-two student Seventh-day Adventist high school, I was completely lost. I thought, "Alright, I'll just take online classes." And so I did! But, in the time that I had off from that school, I realized how much I couldn't stand being there. I realized that I wasn't sure who my friends really were, and I began to try to find my true self. I finally felt like I could breathe, and it was an amazing feeling.

I began to pursue my passions, one of them being spoken word, and I became happier than I had ever been before while suffocating in that tiny little christian school.

So, the question stands: Where do I go to school? Do I finish off my high school years at the only school I've ever known, or do I start a brand new journey in my local public school? The answer to that is still really foggy. Everything is up in the air, and it's beyond stressful.

But, there's one thing I do know. And it's the entire reason why I'm starting this blog.

This senior year is going to be a memorable one. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

I'm a sixteen year old girl determined to make the most of her senior year. Follow my journey by subscribing or following.